|APTRA Academy - What
In an effort to prepare all academy participants and mentors,
Hal has drafted a list of "MUST-HAVE's" for your APTRA
Remember: This is a camp-type atmosphere. Cabins and cots
What to Bring to APTRA Academy:
- Plenty of clothes! Warm clothing for nighttime, cool for daytime,
and a jacket too!
- Skirts, heels and dressy clothes aren't recommended, but blazers
or jackets for your "stand-ups" are great to put on
quickly for the camera when doing on-camera work.
- Comfortable Shoes for all terrain walking
- Sunscreen/Sunglasses/Hat/Lip Balm
- Bath towels/washcloth
- Sleeping Bag/Blanket/Pillow/Mattress Pad/Linens (Cottontail
provides spring style cots with a thin mattress pad)
- Camera for your memories!
- Babywipes or waterless hand gel
- Battery powered alarm clock
If you're a participant, you may want to bring a few copies
of your resume, or a business card. You may need them for networking!
Bringing Food is NOT recommended. Cottontail Ranch is
located in the wilderness.
About Cottontail Ranch
Cottontail Ranch is located in the scenic hills of Malibu Canyon,
CA. Founded in 1958, Cottontail Ranch is home to summer camps
and adult retreats throughout the year. Cottontail Ranch has
been owned and operated by Pepperdine University since 1997.
In October the climate can be chilly at night and hot during
the day. Please be prepared by bringing clothing for both climates.
Cottontail offers enclosed cabins, and private-stall showers
and restrooms. Separate female and male facilities are available,
similar to that of typical camping grounds facilities.
Pepperdine University is a private university, therefore there
are absolutely NO drugs or alcoholic beverages allowed on the
premises of Cottontail Ranch.